Sunday, February 17, 2013

DIY: Potion Pendant || chelseahkitty

Here is all the info you'll need to make your own potion pendant! 
Once you have all the supplies, it takes about 30 minutes to make the actual pendant.
All items were purchased at Michael's craft store except for the food coloring, which I finally found at Walmart in the spices section..weird. 
The total cost was about $30.00, but I can make a lot of these with the supplies I got.

You will need these items:
 

Steps 

Step 1: Choose a glass bottle. 

Step 2: Prepare the cork. 
  • Use a wire cutter to shorten the eye pin to fit the length of the cork. 


  • Push the eye pin all the way into the cork.

  • Hook a jump ring to the eye pin. (So you can string a chain through it later.)
 

Step 3: Add charms.
  • Wrap wire around the top of the jar. Add charms by stringing them through the wire itself (what I did) or by adding jump rings to the wire then adding charms to the jump rings.


Step 4: Prepare your potion. 
  • Add a few drops of liquid food coloring to clear glue and mix.

  • Carefully pour this mixture into the bottle. 

Step 5: Secure the top.
  • Put super glue along the bottom rim of the cork and put the cork in. 

Step 6: Chain the jump ring 
  • Depending on the chain, you might also need to buy a clasp. 


I'll be making a lot more of these soon, so I'll probably do another blog post of just pictures of different ones I come up with.

Thanks for reading! 
If you make one be sure to tweet me a picture of it!
You can also send me suggestions for future blog posts there :)

x chelseah




No comments:

Post a Comment