Once you have all the supplies, it takes about 30 minutes to make the actual pendant.
All items were purchased at Michael's craft store except for the food coloring, which I finally found at Walmart in the spices section..weird.
The total cost was about $30.00, but I can make a lot of these with the supplies I got.
You will need these items:
Step 1: Choose a glass bottle.
Step 2: Prepare the cork.
- Use a wire cutter to shorten the eye pin to fit the length of the cork.
- Push the eye pin all the way into the cork.
- Hook a jump ring to the eye pin. (So you can string a chain through it later.)
Step 3: Add charms.
- Wrap wire around the top of the jar. Add charms by stringing them through the wire itself (what I did) or by adding jump rings to the wire then adding charms to the jump rings.
Step 4: Prepare your potion.
- Add a few drops of liquid food coloring to clear glue and mix.
- Carefully pour this mixture into the bottle.
Step 5: Secure the top.
- Put super glue along the bottom rim of the cork and put the cork in.
Step 6: Chain the jump ring
- Depending on the chain, you might also need to buy a clasp.
I'll be making a lot more of these soon, so I'll probably do another blog post of just pictures of different ones I come up with.
Thanks for reading!
If you make one be sure to tweet me a picture of it!
You can also send me suggestions for future blog posts there :)