Thursday, July 25, 2013

Say NO To Animal Testing || chelseahkitty

Animal testing in this day and age is completely unnecessary. However, companies do it because it's cheaper and all they care about is money. The only way to stop these companies is to not buy their products! You may not feel like you make a difference by not buying 1 foundation from a company but if everyone did this it really could. I'm not saying I do not own any products from animal testing companies, but I really really try to avoid them at all costs. I thought this blog post would be helpful to have all the info in one place. I know I sometimes have trouble finding if a company is pro or against animal testing, so I hope this helps!

>>Here is an important statement from the PETA website: "In the U.S., no law requires that these types of products be tested on animals, and companies can choose not to sell their products in countries such as China, where tests on animals are required for cosmetics and other products. "
Companies who do not animal test: http://www.mediapeta.com/peta/PDF/companiesdonttest.pdf
Companies who do animal test: http://www.mediapeta.com/peta/PDF/companiesdotest.pdf


Some companies I really love who are DO NOT TEST are:


Some big name companies that DO TEST on animals and should be avoided are:
  • Estee Lauder-which also owns many other popular brands. (Mac, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox, Clinique..just to name a few)
  • Covergirl, Maybelline, Revlon, L'oreal
  • Proctor & Gamble (Own Herbal Essences and many other companies)

*If you want to learn more about animal testing beauty/cosmetic companies you can visit Beauty Without Bunnies to search for companies and see what their policy is. Some companies are very vague and sketchy about these things. Unless they outright state they do not animal test they probably do. 
 
Thanks for reading!
chelseah x


Disclaimer: This is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.  If I am given an animal tested product by a friend or family member I will of course take it-not everyone understands or is informed of animal testing and it would be rude to not accept a gift. I do my best to only use companies who are not big on animal testing, but I cannot always afford to throw away products that have already been purchased for me. However, I will not do sponsored reviews for companies that animal test. 

No comments:

Post a Comment